On my Mac I use the iQR codes – QR Code Art Studio – Marek Hrušovský to generate QR Codes, I really like the batch creation option (extra in-app purchase), check out my QR Code Bookshelf post and QR Code Bookshelf web site for an example of how I used the batch processing to make over 1000 custom QR codes in minutes. New feature: Create a QR code and change the URL later (Dynamic QR code generator), also gives 2 week tracking data! QR verification now provides better results. It is not free but worth every penny.
The following are the most interesting online QR Code Generators I have found.
Unitag – this is my new favoriate, colors logo and more. They also offer a Premium account with: SVG export, creation history, batch generation, analytics and more! Here is an inline version of their QR Code Generator, be sure to vist their site!
QRhacker.com - Updated their generator, now allows custom colors, PHOTOS and more! check it out. The photo can either be the foreground, background or both, very cool QR Codes®!
Photo QR Codes - Found another photo based QR Code generator; Azonmobile.com. Easy to use, allows photos in background, foreground or as logos. The free Basic plan allows the creation of 10 QR Codes. Their paid plans offer many more features, including tracking location of scans, at a very reasonable price. Check out my post on this excellent QR Code generator.
WordPress QR Code Generator – Nice WordPress generator, simple QR code is free, you need a QR-token to generate a QR code (Custom-QR-Code) with your logo or the WordPress site can purchase a license to allow generation of QR Codes with logos. Do not forget the border, it is actually part of the QR Code and the code will not scan without a border.
Here you can upload images with .png, .gif or .jpg extension. Best choice is PNG with alpha transparency. The logo will be inserted in the middle of the Custom-QR-Code.
QR Codes (Quick Response Codes) are coded graphics, that can be read by current smartphones and tablets with the appropriate software. They form a bridge between the real and the virtual world. Nowadays it's hard to find advertisements without this code. With one scan you are directed to a website, a product video or a download link in the App Store. Receive immediately information or the content you want, without having to type a link. Complete Business cards are imported within seconds. Even pre-formulated, pre-addressed mail and SMS as well as free text messages can be transmitted. With the enormous range of practical applications QR Codes are continuously gaining importance.
Here you can customize your QR Codes with your logo, a photo, a smiley or a short promotional text. In this way you create a recognition and give a personal touch to the code, so to stand out from other competitors.
Your graphic is positioned centrally and may cover a maximum of 30%, less is recommended in any case, so that old scanner can read this.
You can upload your logo in PNG, GIF and as JPEG. We recommend PNG because here you can use alpha channel transparency. You can adjust the size of the logo with a slider. You should test in any case directly on the screen using a smartphone, whether the generated code is still working or if there is too many image content covered.
Important: For tests the content of the Custom-QR-Code is in some places illegible. To generate a Custom-QR-Code correctly, a QR-Token is required. You can get it for 4,99 €. You should use the QR-Token only when everything else suits you. The generated Custom-QR Code will be displayed on the website and we sent it by mail to the email address you entered by ordering. If you make a price comparison, you will find that this offer is extremely cheap. Typical prices for individualized QR Codes range from 50,- € to 100,- €.
The provider of the QR-Token is the company Hot-World GmbH & Co. KG. Payment is made securely through PayPal.
The use of Custom-QR-Codes is free of charge and royalty. You can use your generated Custom-QR-Codes for free for personal and commercial use as well as for printing.
Beautifulqrcodes.com – great variety of options, try it out below or click the link to vist the site:
QRStyler – Track Scan usage and lead capture. Every code and campaign can be easily tracked and compared to help you maximize results and increase efficiency.
QRCodeCity – allow you to make Rounded Blocks, custom colors and more! I use this for web URLs.
www.qr4.nl - This is the one I have the most fun with, they allow you to add animation, logos, colors and more. The service is provided as is, for testing and experimenting with QR code generation and decoding. These online tools are not intended for commercial or industrial use and restrictions apply.
Most QR code generators mentioned below support foreground and backgound colour changes as well as transparency and opacity.
- Website QR Code Generator. Encode a mobile webpage into a QR code.
- SMS QR Code Generator. Put an SMS message into a QR code and have it sent to a telephone number.
- Direct Call Telephone Number QR Code Generator. Make a one-click dialer QR code.
- Initiate Email QR Code Generator. Activate a new email form and fill in the destination address via a QR code.
- Mecard QR Code Generator. Exchange your contact information via QR code.
- Calendar Event QR Code Generator. Create agenda entries like appointments, anniversaries via QR codes.
- Geographic QR Code Generator. Put your points of interest, meeting place, etc. on the map.
- Branding QR code Generator. Embed your logo, graphic or photo into a QR code.
- QR code Generator API. Put a QR Code generator into your own website with this API. (instructions for use on page)
Fun things to do with designer QR code generators
- Social Media Twitter Profile QR Code Generator. In colour and the ability to embed your profile picture.
- Social Media Twitter Follow Me QR Code. A ‘Follow Me’ social media button QR code.
- Designer Facebook Profile QR Code. Put your Facebook profile in a designer style QR code.
- Personal LinkedIn Page. Get extra mobile exposure via the dual purpose LinkedIn QR code button.
- YouTube Video QR Code. A YouTube video QR code to link your videos for instant playback.
- Sticky Note QR code. A fun designer ‘sticky note’ QR code generator to leave messages or reminders.
- Animated QR code generator. Embed your animated logo or trademark into a QR code. (not suitable for printing).
There are many other generators out there. The above are my top picks. Here is a list of other QR code generators:
- CardSwapp - Create a business card QR code using their website or via their Card Swapp App.
- ZXing – Simple to use interface (no advanced options).
- Delivr – Another simple to use interface (no advanced options).
- SnapMaze – Few types however allows color choices.
- RACO – For advanced users, not very simple to use.
- SparqCode – Simple to use however put their branding on the QR Code.
- BeQRious – Simple and has many options. Allows you to put your logo into the code.
- Bosqweb – Several options including social media.
- AT&T Create-A-Code – Requires registration to use.
- ConnectMe QR – Creates a mobile page with your contact info.
- ItsMyURLs – Sort of the MySpace of QR codes.
- Jumpscan – Creates a mobile page with all your contact and social info.
- Kaywa – Simple. URL, Text, SMS and Phone only.
- Likify – Creates a QR code that goes to a like button for your FB Page.
- Mobilefish – Advanced QR code generator.
- MyQR – Simple. URL, Text, Contact Card and Map only.
- QReate & Track – Simple to use with plenty of info. Also allows for tracking.
- Quickmark – Many options to choose from.
- Qurify – Only does text. Nothing else.
- SmallQR – Creates a short link QR code.
- Social QR Code – Requires registration. Creates QR codes for social media.
- SPARQcode – Many options. Also creates a social media box.
- TapReader – Simple. Creates several commonly used items.
- Tagginn – QR Code & MS TAG Generating with Tracking Analytics
- Tag.cx – Offers a Free API
- QR Pro – Profile Exchange, Reader and Creator of QR 2D Barcode Profession Version in iPhone ($1.99)
QR Code Scripts
customqrscript.com - Add a qr code generator to you web site, requires php.
QRickit - Qr Code Widget and API