On my Mac I use the iQR codes – QR Code Art Studio – Marek Hrušovský to generate QR Codes, I really like the batch creation option (extra in-app purchase), check out my QR Code Bookshelf post and QR Code Bookshelf web site for an example of how I used the batch processing to make over 1000 custom QR codes in minutes.
New feature: Create a QR code and change the URL later (Dynamic QR code generator), also gives 2 week tracking data! QR verification now provides better results. It is not free but worth every penny.
FREE Codee Reader App allow you to easily add video , audio , web pages and more. Use any of these QR Code Generators with your Codee QR Codes!
The following are the most interesting online QR Code Generators I have found.
Unitag – this is my new favoriate, colors logo and more. They also offer a Premium account with: SVG export, creation history, batch generation, analytics and more! Here is an inline version of their QR Code Generator, be sure to vist their site!
QRhacker.com – Updated their generator, now allows custom colors, PHOTOS and more! check it out. The photo can either be the foreground, background or both, very cool QR Codes®!
Photo QR Codes – Found another photo based QR Code generator; Azonmobile.com. Easy to use, allows photos in background, foreground or as logos. The free Basic plan allows the creation of 10 QR Codes. Their paid plans offer many more features, including tracking location of scans, at a very reasonable price. Check out my post on this excellent QR Code generator.
Beautifulqrcodes.com – great variety of options, click the link to vist the site:
QRStyler – Track Scan usage and lead capture. Every code and campaign can be easily tracked and compared to help you maximize results and increase efficiency.
QRCodeCity – allow you to make Rounded Blocks, custom colors and more! I use this for web URLs.
www.qr4.nl – This is the one I have the most fun with, they allow you to add animation, logos, colors and more. The service is provided as is, for testing and experimenting with QR code generation and decoding. These online tools are not intended for commercial or industrial use and restrictions apply.
Most QR code generators mentioned below support foreground and backgound colour changes as well as transparency and opacity.
- Website QR Code Generator. Encode a mobile webpage into a QR code.
- SMS QR Code Generator. Put an SMS message into a QR code and have it sent to a telephone number.
- Direct Call Telephone Number QR Code Generator. Make a one-click dialer QR code.
- Initiate Email QR Code Generator. Activate a new email form and fill in the destination address via a QR code.
- Mecard QR Code Generator. Exchange your contact information via QR code.
- Calendar Event QR Code Generator. Create agenda entries like appointments, anniversaries via QR codes.
- Geographic QR Code Generator. Put your points of interest, meeting place, etc. on the map.
- Branding QR code Generator. Embed your logo, graphic or photo into a QR code.
- QR code Generator API. Put a QR Code generator into your own website with this API. (instructions for use on page)
Fun things to do with designer QR code generators
- Social Media Twitter Profile QR Code Generator. In colour and the ability to embed your profile picture.
- Social Media Twitter Follow Me QR Code. A ‘Follow Me’ social media button QR code.
- Designer Facebook Profile QR Code. Put your Facebook profile in a designer style QR code.
- Personal LinkedIn Page. Get extra mobile exposure via the dual purpose LinkedIn QR code button.
- YouTube Video QR Code. A YouTube video QR code to link your videos for instant playback.
- Sticky Note QR code. A fun designer ‘sticky note’ QR code generator to leave messages or reminders.
- Animated QR code generator. Embed your animated logo or trademark into a QR code. (not suitable for printing).
There are many other generators out there. The above are my top picks. Here is a list of other QR code generators:
- CardSwapp – Create a business card QR code using their website or via their Card Swapp App.
- ZXing – Simple to use interface (no advanced options).
- Delivr – Another simple to use interface (no advanced options).
- SnapMaze – Few types however allows color choices.
- RACO – For advanced users, not very simple to use.
- BeQRious – Simple and has many options. Allows you to put your logo into the code.
- Bosqweb – Several options including social media.
- ConnectMe QR – Creates a mobile page with your contact info.
- ItsMyURLs – Sort of the MySpace of QR codes.
- Jumpscan – Creates a mobile page with all your contact and social info.
- Kaywa – Simple. URL, Text, SMS and Phone only.
- Likify – Creates a QR code that goes to a like button for your FB Page.
- Mobilefish – Advanced QR code generator.
- MyQR – Simple. URL, Text, Contact Card and Map only.
- QReate & Track – Simple to use with plenty of info. Also allows for tracking.
- Quickmark – Many options to choose from.
- SmallQR – Creates a short link QR code.
- Social QR Code – Requires registration. Creates QR codes for social media.
- Tagginn – QR Code & MS TAG Generating with Tracking Analytics
- Tag.cx – Offers a Free API
- QR Pro – Profile Exchange, Reader and Creator of QR 2D Barcode Profession Version in iPhone ($1.99)
QR Code Scripts
customqrscript.com – Add a qr code generator to you web site, requires php.
QRickit – Qr Code Widget and API